2018 HSA Contribution Limits, HDHP Minimum Deductibles, and Out-of-Pocket Maximums
IRS recently released the 2018 cost-of-living adjustments which affect Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and associated qualified high deductible health plans (HDHPs).
HSA Contribution Limits
- For self-only HDHP plans: $3,450 ($50 increase from 2017)
- For family HDHP plans: $6,900 ($150 increase from 2017)
HDHP Minimum Required Deductibles
- For self-only plans: $1,350 ($50 increase from 2017)
- For family HDHP plans: is $2,700 ($100 increase from 2017)
HDHP Out-of-Pocket Maximums
Out-of-Pocket maximums include items such as deductible, co-payments, and co-insurance, but do not include premiums.
- For self-only HDHP plans: $6,650 ($100 increase from 2017)
- For family HDHP plans: $13,300 ($200 increase from 2017)