2017 HSA Contribution Limits, HDHP Minimum Deductibles, and Out-of-Pocket Maximums
The IRS recently released the 2017 cost-of-living adjustments which affect Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and associated qualified high deductible health plans (HDHPs).
HSA Contribution Limits
- For self-only HDHP plans: $3,400 ($50 increase from 2016)
- For family HDHP plans: $6,750 (same as 2016)
HDHP Minimum Required Deductibles
- For self-only plans: $1,300 (the same as 2016)
- For family HDHP plans: is $2,600 (the same as 2016)
HDHP Out-of-Pocket Maximums
Out-of-Pocket maximums include items such as deductible, co-payments, and co-insurance, but does not include premiums.
- For self-only HDHP plans: $6,550 ($50 increase from 2016)
- For family HDHP plans: $13,100 (same as 2016)